Thursday, May 6, 2010

Just for fun

A friend answered these questions in her blog, so I will too.  She is SO GOOD about blogging every day.  I wish I had the motivation to do that too.  Maybe she will inspire me...

We've all answered those "getting to know you" emails or notes on facebook; this is a slightly different twist to those.  Hope you learn something about me.  Happy Reading.

1. The last thing I procrastinated about and why?
I procrastinate about nearly everything.  I have projects at work that have been "ongoing" for far too long.  I know if I hunker down and just do it, it will get done. I just don't know why I don't hunker down and do it.  At home, I still need to switch me, my daughter and son from the winter wardrobe to the summer one.

2. How fast do you fall asleep? Do you sleep all night?
It takes a while to fall asleep unless I am absolutely exhausted.  I fall asleep around 11 and wake up btw. 6:30 - 7:00.

3. What decade would you choose to exemplify your favorite fashion styles?
Classic - late 50's/early 60's (pre-hippie!).  I guess the TV show Mad Men has classic professional women's styles that I love. 

4. What is your personal best dish for feeding a crowd?
Baked ziti or lasagna.

5. Are you an impulse shopper? What was the last thing you bought on impulse?
TOTALLY!  If there is extra $$ in my pocket, I'll spend it.  I recently impulse purchased quite a few necklaces and earrings.

6. What is one wish you have for your own funeral?
Laughter - through tears if need be, but more laughing than crying.

7. Is it true that joy is formed in simple things? What joy did you have today?
Yes - absolutely.  Snuggling with my kids is so simply joyful.  Today what brought me joy:  enjoying a latte while hearing one of my favorite songs while driving to work in the sunshine; and the smell of spring in the air. 

8.What is your favorite type of bread?
Flavored bread - olive, rosemary, sourdough - my new favorite is pretzel bread.  Too bad it is empty calories.   Because of course I don't like the mulitgrain, high fiber bread. 

9. What trait do you fear you could develop?
Hmmm... not sure.

10. What trait would you like to develop?
Decluttering.  Being able to get rid of things sooner.  Having a place for everything, and putting it there.

11. What room in your house best reflects your personality?
Kitchen.  It's the center of the house, so it's where I spend a lot of time.  It's bright, cluttered, and decorated in a fun whimsical way.  Like me.

12. How do you balance your life, work, family, obligations, church and blogging?
Sometimes well and other times not so much.  Luckily work allows for some personal time when I need it (like leaving early or taking a day off for kids school events).  Sometimes, regrettably, my marriage doesn't get the attention it deserves because of school, work, volunteering at church, house cleaning/errands, spending time with friends, or other activities.  But I have made a concerted effort recently to change that.  Blogging usually happens when something strikes me that I need to express my thoughts on.  It is FAR down on the list of priorities.  Like at the bottom.


Finally, here is a fun game - 5 for 5: answer 5 questions 5 times

Question 1 - Where were you five years ago?
1. At the same job in the same office
2. In the house on Findley Road
3. Raising a then 4 and 2 year old and enjoying it!
4. Planning a big bash for the firm's 40th anniversary
5. Still glowing after taking our first Disney cruise two months prior, and planning the next

Question 2 - Where would you like to be five years from now?
1. Raising a happy and healthy teenager and pre-teen
2. Still happily in love with my husband
3. Taking my 10th Disney Cruise!
4. Blogging far more frequently
5. 40 pounds lighter

Question 3 - What is (was) on your to do list today?
1. Send CLE applications out
2. Pack for weekend in WV
3. Weight Watchers meeting
4. Daughter's laundry
5. Catch up on Dancing with the Stars with daughter

Question 4 - What 5 snacks do you enjoy?
1. Hostess 100 Calorie strawberry cupcakes
2. Anything chocolate
3. Honey Wheat pretzels
4. Ice cream
5. Cinnamon sugar pita chips

Question 5 - What would you do if you were a billionaire?
1. Travel - cruising mostly, and using a private jet anytime I needed to fly.
2. Donate to organizations that build girls' esteem by taking the focus off outward appearance
3. Drive a dream car - don't even know what kind, but probably a convertible
4. Have a house on the beach on a Carribbean island
5. Hire a full time cook and housekeeper.

No comments: